Sunday, May 11, 2008

Our Part to Save Second Base....

Natalie and I ran the Komen Race for the Cure on Saturday. There were nearly 14,000 runners / walkers all supporting a great cause. Natalie posted her best 5k time ever at just over 25 minutes, and I finally ran a race as fast as did back in the day. I finished in 18 1/2 minutes -- a time I haven't seen since my days at Soda High. It's good to feel young again....

Start of the race. Can you find us?

The best part of the race was seeing all the creativity of the runners. We had quite the variety of team names, t-shirts, and attire. Here are a few of our favorites...





One of the local tv stations videod the entire race. We were dorks enough to tivo the event and look for ourselves. Unfortunately, we found ouselves, and we're sharing it. Here is the small clip of Natalie's & my second of fame. (We slowed down Natalies so it lasted longer - she's behind the guy in the white hat)


Scott near the finish line -- 20th place overall

Natalie in slow, "chariots of fire" speed (hum the tune in your mind as you watch)

6 comments:

Lisa said...

you folks are crazy. is that your second race this month? And yes Scott, it is me, Lisa Evans from poky 4th ward.

CorLesMarBoPiKo said...

Thats Hot!

CorLesMarBoPiKo said...

....and Happy Birthday Nat.

Snelders said...

Really love the T-shirts - how come you guys weren't wearing them? :)

Strupp Family said...

That's the awesomest title for a blog post EVER. So good work to Scott, if it was him who came up with it.

And Natalie, I hear you. Summers get crazy fast. I don't think we'll be in Soda for the 4th, which is sad because I really like the 4th of July in Soda! Anyway, we may be there sometime in August. I'm not sure yet. How is everyone! How fun to still be living there and run into all the dental hygiene group. I had a dream about ISU dental hygiene the other night. It's crazy one thing in your life could have so much impact... Anyway, I love hearing what you guys are up to. One day I'll be as in shape as you two! Good luck with the races!

Lisa said...

Okay, so I have a question about your blog settings. I want to be able to see when other people have posted new blogs like you folks do. How do you do that? It is absolute genious.