Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What a Girl won't do for the 1st slice of Pizza!

So this is how she REALLY feels between shots!
Pretty little Ballerina!

I'm pretty proud of the hair. It's not easy to fake a bun with Britt's current hair style. All those hours of styling my Barbie head finally paid off!


This year picture day fell on a Tuesday night about 5:00 pm. So to make my life more simple I ordered pizza from the place 2 doors down from the dance studio. As soon as we got home from dance pictures Britt was dying to dive into the pizza but I REALLY wanted some cute pictures since I had done all this work getting her ready. So we made a deal. If she looked and smiled AT the camera, after 5 pictures I would let her change and she could have the 1st piece of pizza. If you know Britt at all, she has wandering eyes when it comes to pictures but man the PIZZA DEAL had her focused! I was sneaky and took a few extra pictures but it was SO much easier than pictures in the past. So note to self...recital night, have a few slices of pizza as bait!
I love watching Brittanie take dance. I was devastated when she quit in the fall for gymnastics but was thrilled (and a little guilty for enticing her to sign-up again) when she decided to come back. As we were getting her ready for pictures she flew off the chair when she saw me coming at her with (Dun-Dun-DUN) Mascara! She ran from me and told me that is why she quit dance. After some smooth talking I was able to get her back and finish her eyes. I guess what I am saying is that all her therapy needs in the future will stem from MY need to have her take dance!




3 comments:

Jaylene said...

What girl doesn't like mascara??? And yes...Ava has bad hair days. You should see what she looks like before i do her hair...it's a little scary! I just don't take pictures until she has cute hair!! Hope you guys are doing well! Your kids are so cute. I love the tball pictures...I remember those days!

Snelders said...

That's so funny! Ethan has a "wandering eye" problem too. I have to bribe him with everything under the sun to get him to look at the "robot eye." Brit looks beautiful! And CONGRATS on the St. George marathon!! That will be so much fun. We'll definately have to put that on the calendar!!

Grandma Gog said...

What a beautiful little ballerina!! You know Nat, in a few years, I promise you it is going to fly by, you will trying to get ready for work and your mascara will be no where in sight. You will look and look and look. Then you will find it in the bottom of her gym bag, next to the stinky socks, itty-bitty bra and a pair of too-short coulots. Ring a bell? This is part of the adventure, embrace it. Without these wonderful memories, you only have days of laundry and mowing grass. By the way, she looks like a little princess and all the bribes were worth it. Go Britt. Dance, smile big, laugh and eat lots of Pizza this weekend. I am sorry I can't be there but Mommy promises that she will send me lots of pictures. You are my beautiful angel. Love you,