Sunday, June 27, 2010

Broadway, Are you ready for this?

The Star Performers take the stage at the Emmett Cherry Festival
Britt takes to the stage and sings her little heart out!

Solo time...and she Brings down the house! She didn't hold back at all when she got in front of a real audience!



Look at that hip action as she "Washes that man right out of my hair!"

After Britt performed at her 1st grade program and then again in front of her entire school at the end of the year talent show we realized we had a little performer on our hands! I heard about this singing group that does a few performances in the summer and decided to let Britt try it out. She has had a BLAST! So far they have been in a parade and then their first stage performance last Saturday at the Cherry Festival in Emmett. It is SO fun to watch her perform! She really goes all out when she is on stage. I don't know where she gets it! They have 2 songs they perform and it took me a full week before I could get it out of my head!--Oh man, now talking about it has brought it all back!! "I love you, a Bushel and a Peck, a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck!...."You bet your 'purdy' neck I DO! Doo-da-loo-da-loo-do-do!! The other day the kids across the street started a lemonade stand. The next thing I see is Britt making a sign of her own. So I'm thinking it's only a matter of minutes before she is asking me to help her make Kool-Aid to start up her own lemonade stand. But she surprised me. In stead she had a sign that read in 1st grade handwriting" "Brittanie will purform "Bushul and a Peck" for $1.00 each show.
Now that cracks me up! So what do you do when you don't have a good agent? You do it yourself because good help is hard to find!





1 comment:

Grandma Gog said...

Oh Natalie, what a darling post. She looks like she is in her element. I can't wait to hear her sing,"I'm Going to Wash That Man Right Out of My Hair", may need to pay a dollar, but I bet the performance is worth it. I know life is busy, but I really appreciate the posts. Keep track of all these cute moments, I love them. Hugs and Kisses to you all.