Sunday, October 12, 2008

Our new home....

It is our new home, but we are not moving.... at least not yet. We made sort of a sad, but happy decision this summer. We felt it was finaly time to sell our first home. Our little duplex we bought in Pocatello in 1999 was a sweet rental for us since we moved out in 2003. We've debated every year whether or not we should sell it. We finally felt this year was right. The market in Pocatello had remained fairly strong, and we felt like there was opportunity to find a good deal here in Boise. We ended up selling the home in August and rolled the equity over into this home. It took us a while to find something we liked, something we thought would work for us in the future. The home has 4 bedrooms and 2 1/2 baths. The best part about the home is that it has an unfinished basement. We have really missed the wonderful breakthrough builders have discovered in East Idaho called basements. For some reason builders don't build many houses in Boise with basements.

We closed on the house just over a week ago and had renters move in the same day we closed (I love Cragslist). We plan on renting it out for at least a year and then go from there.

I like that the locataion of this home would cut my commute time in half every day. We also like the grade schools in the area it is located. So someday this may be our new home, but for now I hope it is a good investment (anything seems to be better than the stock market this week...)

7 comments:

Coppin Crew said...

Nice home! I like it! Every home you two have always turns into something spectacular because of Nat's many wonderful talents. If I had an unfinished basement it would stay that way for twenty or more years.

CorLesMarBoPiKo said...

Its so adorable. I can totally see you living there. By the way I LOVE the cats name you picked out.

Snelders said...

Cute house! Maybe when we're over there for Halloween we can go see it!

juevarts said...

The house is great! Do you get that $7000 tax bonus from the government for the helping the housing economy?? I just heard about that, but we bought our house 2 weeks too early! We're excited to see you in a few weeks.

Lisa said...

thanks for the comment. however, we did not win. and you don't want to get me started. This new house looks super cute too.

Derrick and Angie said...

Looks like a great house! I would want to move in right away! Your firestation fieldtrip sounded a lot like my life most of the time too... gotta love all the moments of parenthood, right??? We love keeping up with you guys on here, so keep the posts coming!

Jeff & Suzie said...

I love the house. You guys are awesome to restrain yourselves and not move in. I of course, having very little self control would have moved my stuff in the next day. It's like letting someone else wear your new outfit. But then again there is a reason you will be retired in 5 years and we will still be slaving away when we are 70!!