Tuesday, December 30, 2008

We Had a Holly Jolly Christmas!!

Our Christmas Present from Nathan...and he took our picture!



The Snelders spent another Christmas as nomads across the southeast of Idaho and northern Utah. We would have liked better driving conditions in ALL areas we traveled but we feel very blessed that we reached each destination safely. Scott feels that his "Wayan" driving skills really paid off this year! We spent a few days in Pocatello visiting friends and family. Britt decided to let our friend Cory pull her loose tooth so she could have a visit from the toothfairy before Christmas. Plus Cory told her that if you lose a tooth when your staying at Grandma's house you get an extra dollar! She was more than cooperative to let him go to work and take out that wiggly tooth! (I have a bachelors degree in teeth I have not gotten to pull even ONE of her teeth!Does that seem right to anyone else?) We made a quick overnight trip to Preston so I could get a haircut. I know my husband loves me because he tolerates all my trips home to get my hair done. He has seen the damage when I have gone to someone new and it is not good! I could go on and on about my "lesbian" A-line bob hair cut of 2007! Next we were off to Wayan to spend 2 days. We got to do ALOT of things in the snow. Between all the shoveling and sledding our backs were pretty sore. I got an extra ride this year when my anxious photography obcession found me in the sledding path and before I knew it I was flat on my back in the road!! I don't bounce nearly as well as I used to but I didn't drop my camera and I still got a great shot! After celebrating Christmas Eve with Scott's family we drove to Mountain Green, Utah. We got to spend another few days surrounded by cousins and lots of food. We even got to go to Janelle and Quinns Baskin store and order anything we wanted on the house!!! Britt and I were in HEAVEN! Between sledding, sleeping with kids everynight, my accident, ALOT of guitar hero, and family bowling my body said it was time to come home on Saturday. Thanks to EVERYONE who hosted us and gave us delicious food and a warm bed to sleep in. We are so Thankful to be able to spend the holidays among so much family that we love with all our hearts! The memories we make on these trips are the presents I will cherish for a lifetime!

3 comments:

Snelders said...

Your Christmas included nearly as much driving as ours! Peyton got that exact same Thomas track from Santa this year - how funny! Anyway, it was so much fun to see you guys, even though it was only for a couple of days! Hopefully we'll see you in January and we'll have some fun at the Great Wolf Lodge! By the way, Scott, you'll be happy to know that I'll leave you the "Bosoxton" name for your next child. Just don't tell Craig - he might be tempted to use it!

Coppin Crew said...

Glad you were safe and had a wonderful holiday! Sorry to hear about all the soreness...it's not fun to get older, I feel your pain!

Snelders Family said...

Hey Scott!!!! Think you are still gonna' beat me at swimming??........Millie p.s.(we have to do all the strokes!! so you better get practicing if you can't do these: fly,back,beast,free!!)