Tuesday, February 10, 2009

HOLY Guacamole!! (As quoted byNathan)

Well, I wished I had gotten more rest in 2008 because 2009 is already shaping up to be a "DOOZY". A few weeks ago I got the shock of a lifetime and was called to be the Young Women's President. I still get stomach cramps if I think to hard about it. I have ALOT of growing to do if I am going to fill the shoes of what a YW president should be. I am very lucky, however, to be sorrounded with amazing women who already know the ropes. I tried to get out of the call by telling the bishop I was pregnant and he smiled and said that is why you have great counselors. So I guess it's to girls camp for me in June about 6 1/2 months pregnant.--I know my sister already feels bad for everyone that will get to experience "Pregnant Nat" in nature. It should be interesting. Yes, I was trying to think of a clever way to break the news but that was it. I thought of taking a picture of my positive test...but then I thought--euwww! I am currently 12 weeks and still feeling a little yucky. Our due date is Aug 20th. Now the real question in my mind besides--will we need more pink or blue, is will I get to go on the big family vacation with Scott's family in the end of July. So far, my doctor says it's "iffy" and we should wait and see how I'm feeling. I am already preparing myself for the disappointment if I don't get to go by promising myself tons of scrapbook time and lots of popsicles. So for those of you out there who have been wondering where the Snelders have disappeared to, that is a nutshell of what has been happening at our home. SO I say, 2009 Bring it ON!

10 comments:

Michelle W. Nate said...

Oh Congratulations on both the baby and the calling. I know you'll do great. I am in YW also and I love every minute...well most. It can be challenging, but I know you will be amazing.

Maria said...

Natalie you are going to make an awesome YW president. You are just so much fun all the girls will love you and you seem so dedicated to whatever you do that it will all be good. As for being pregnant at girls camp, no one should have to brave that one, so sorry for you. But hey at least you will be more bouyant in the lake right?

Lisa said...

Hooray for you!! I am totally jealous of those YW in your ward. They will have a great time. Don't forget to put of lots of prego pics.

The Stronks Family said...

Congratulations!!!!!! You will make an amazing yw president. I'm sorry about the pregnancy in the summer. Brycen Was born in aug and I was the biggest wimp(and I didn't have to go to girls camp)you are a strong woman.

Erin said...

YAY! I'm so excited for you... are you sure there is just one?? :)
And, congrats on the YW presidency. I know you're not supposed to think this, but that would be my ideal calling. I would looooove it! Yet, it woulds care the pants off me. You'll be fantastic at it! Those are some lucky girls! :)

The Speirs Family said...

Congrats Nat on the baby and the new calling. You will do great. Remember the word delegate.

Jeremy and Tami said...

NO WAY!!!! I am sitting here reading your blog and JER DOESN'T EVEN KNOW YET!! lol I get to tell him!! I am so very excited for you guys just think Sam and the new baby will only be about a year and a half apart!! Now if only I could talk Jer into one more :)Congratulations on your calling too. You will be just awesome! Goodness we miss you guys!
Tami

Kathleen said...

I might have actually "graduated" from Young Womens if I had a president like you! :)
And CONGRATS! On the new baby! We will have little ones just a few weeks apart...my due date is September 15th...but my doc has already promised me we can do the C-section 9-9-09!

Snelders said...

Nari, that is great. It was good to see you last weekend. Sorry about the brisk walk. Julie's doctor said that the walk helped move our pregnancy right along. Told her to keep walking like that if we wanted the baby early, or sit on the couch and fold her legs if we wanted it on the due date. Pink or Blue, Maybe Pink and Blue.

Coppin Crew said...

WOW! I am so happy for you! Congratulations on both the baby and calling! That is very exciting news! I know a little how you feel. I was 7 months pregnant with Ariana when I was called to be the Primary President. I survived and you will too. I can tell you the Lord does help and will guide you through it. You will be the most awesome YW President. Those girls are lucky to have you for their leader.