Sunday, September 28, 2008

This one's for you, Mom!

Pre-cooked. Isn't it beautiful?

Thanks Britt for taking this pretty picture of Mommy!
Post-baking. It smells as good as it looks! No more "veggie tray" assignments for me next Thanksgiving!!!
This beautiful pie and my kids had ice cream instead!

I am really growing up. As a teenager my Mom always wanted me to do 2 things for her. 1.) Wear a nice dress to church with high heels. 2.) Learn to cook. Lucky for me, she is a VERY patient mother! Dressing up on Sunday came alot faster than developing my cooking skills. I have been a late bloomer in the kitchen, but recently I have been cooking up a storm. Today I made my 1st ever --all homemade apple pie. And I have to say it was delicious!!! I made my crust a little too thick and my apples were sliced a little too thin but other than that it was perfect. Brittanie took pictures of me as proof that I really am becoming quite the little homemaker! (Plus, I know my Mom needs to see visual evidence. I bet she will want my recipe for pie crust once she sees this bad boy!)

11 comments:

Coppin Crew said...

You're one ahead of me now. If it's not frozen or out of a can I can't cook it. I'm proud of you! You always were one of my heroes!

Jessica said...

What a beautiful pie! hurray for pie makers. It is a hard thing to do.

Erin said...

Nat... I love the big 'Look what I can do!' smile you have in all your blog pictures...

Anonymous said...

That is one beautiful pie!! I am so proud of you and of course I want your crust recipe. It looks delicious. You know you will be in charge of pies for thanksgiving and Christmas. Kiss your little photographer for me. Grandma loves her. Hugs and kisses, Mom

Snelders said...

Wow! Your pie looks great!! You'll have to make another one when we come for Halloween. I love fruit pies (especially apple) and would like to make them more often, but Craig doesn't really like them much. So I would be eating it all alone! Probably not a good thing unless I want to look like the Goodyear Blimp by the end of this pregnancy!!

CorLesMarBoPiKo said...

WoooHooo! That is good lookin'.

Anonymous said...

Naari, Don't let my wife kid you, I love homemade american apple pie. I just don't like the tart berry fruity pies as much.

Kathleen said...

You Domestic Goddess you! Homemade crust and everything. I have so much to learn...

Derrick and Angie said...

So how does Thanksgiving in Oklahoma sound??? I could use your new skills seeing as with a 2 month old, there isn't going to be homemade apple pie in our house unless if you guys come...

Your family looks fabulous and happy and fun and so cute :) we love you guys!

Heidi said...

Natalie, It's really great to see your blog. You have a wonderful family and you guys have a lot of fun. I know what you mean on the canning. I just did some canning last week for the Stake. We had dust flying everywhere. I see your Mom when I go to the dentist. She's really great! I don't think me or Heidi has ever tried to make a homemade pie. Your's looks good. We wish you guys the best. Keep Bloggin. - Kirby & Heidi

Birding is Fun! said...

Um...you made pie and didn't save me a single crumb?!