Thursday, June 5, 2008

Truly the World's Greatest Dad





I know it's a little early but hopefully that will only add to the element of surprise as we wish a very Happy Father's Day to Scott. We are amazed everyday at what a great husband and father he is. He goes above and beyond for each of us everyday. When I 1st married Scott I thought he was cute and funny but I had no idea what a great Dad he would become to my children. Scott loves spending time with the kids. I never worry when he is left in charge. The 2nd Photo is my absolute favorite and I have to share the story that goes along with it. I went scrapbooking at a friends house and I didn't get home until about 1 a.m. When I first walked in I was shocked that Scott was still awake because almost every light in the house was on. When I came in the kitchen I felt sand on my feet and notice toys and the kids clothes were everywhere! When I peeked in Nates room to see him sleeping I was a little surprised to find his bed empty. Then I checked on Britt and she was M.I.A. too. I could hear ESPN blasting from our bedroom and was not prepared for what a found. My sweet husband snoring with his mouth wide open in the middle of two sleeping kids. It was too perfect. Once I stopped laughing , I had to take a picture and I have been waiting for the perfect opportunity to use it. I slept on the couch that night because I didn't want to break up the party. When Scott woke up the next morning and found the house clean, he knew he was busted. He told me how he innocently laid down with the kids to get them to sleep and quickly fell alseep too. He had intended to get things cleaned up before I came home but that plan didn't work out. This picture is so much better than a clean house. So today, while eating lunch I thought it was time the world knew what at great dad Scott is. He'll probably be mad about the picture at first but I hope he sees the humor and love in our heartfelt tribute to the World's Greatest Dad. We all love you very much and hope this will be the best Father's Day ever. Happy Father's Day!!!! (Oh, and GO RED SOX!)

3 comments:

Derrick and Angie said...

We totally agree! Love the tribute to Scott (I may steal the idea next week) I am so impressed by the running you guys are doing! It is nice that all these events are on Saturday. Around here, there mostly on Sunday, but you guys are super inspiring! We love your blog! Its fun to stay up on your cute family!
Angie and Derrick

Snelders said...

Cute tribute to Scott! I have actually seen that picture before and heard the story. Its so funny, it needed to be shared - this is a great way to do it!!

CorLesMarBoPiKo said...

Hey NO FAIR !!! That first picture reminds me of the last time we watched a movie together. Looks like Britt and Nate took our cuddle-time spots!!
And there is some serious sleeping going on in pic #2 according to Nate's hair. WOW!
Maybe they got beat to sleep by the pillow fairy ???
We agree and think that Scott is an awesome dad. Happy Father's Day !
We are in some serious need of quality Snel-coe time and can't wait to go camping this summer. cb