Monday, June 9, 2008

Trying to Redeem Myself

Now I've got to redeem myself. While I'll admit I kind of slacked a little bit the night I fell asleep with the kids, I usually keep the house about at 80% clean when Natalie leaves me in charge. Not too shabby if you ask me. Here is the proof..... Natalie had to run down to Utah on Sunday for a funeral on Monday. I got to stay home with the kids (way to long and quick of a trip for Brittanie and Nathan). So while Natalie was out, I spent Monday trying to work from home while entertaining Brittanie and Nathan. Not only was I hiding in closets for conference calls to keep the noise down, I managed to keep the house fairly in order. I washed 5 loads of laundry, mowed the lawn, fixed dinner for the kids (lunch was at Carls Jr.), and kept the kids from taking naps (okay, maybe not the best thing... kind of paid for it that night). Anyway, here is video proof of my effort:


Now Natalie may think I'm the world's best dad, but I still don't compare to how great a mom Natalie is. The only reason I try so hard is to attempt to keep up with her. I was told once to marry someone who always makes you want to be the best you can be. She definately brings out the best in me.

If this was any way your attempt to try and get me to buy you a new bedroom set...it almost worked. Keep trying sweetie.

5 comments:

Snelders said...

Nice work Scott. You need to give Craig lessons!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Scott. You are the best. Brittanie and Nathan are lucky kids. Have a happy Father's Day.

Victoria said...

Hey Scott and Natalie, its victoria collings from the 4th ward. I ran into your blog from Lisa (Evans). How fun to see you guys with your cute kids. Looks like you guys are doing well.

I'm interested to know how you got the blog links to show when they were last updated. Will you let me know your secret? I would love to have that on my blog.

Anyways, nice running into you. Take Care, Victoria.

Tiffany Unsworth said...

Love the video. I think you need to put a little of Simon's drawring lessons up on your blog. I knew you would be an awesome daddy!

Snelders said...

Hi Nat! In response to Nathan's tag, there is no template or form. Just list about 15 or so things about Nathan (stuff he's up to, things he's learning, etc.) Good luck!!