Monday, June 16, 2008

Redfish Lake & the Sawtooth Relay



We had an awesome Father's Day weekend. We headed up to the Stanley area for the Sawtooth Relay - a team race from Stanley to Ketchum. We stayed in the Redfish Lake area and really enjoyed the three days we were there. Natalie's parents, Brent and Goldia came up from Preston to spend the weekend with us.

Friday was a lazy day around the lake. We fed some hungry chipmunks and squirrels some nuts, went fishing, and strolled around the metropolis of Stanley.

Saturday was our race. We started at 4:45 am in Stanley and finished at 1:55 p.m. in Ketchum. Each member of our team ran between 8 and 12 miles. Although not as difficult as Robie Creek, the relay was challenging and fun.

Brent and Goldia were real troopers to hang out with us. Goldia has a walking cast on her foot and despite the on-slaught of nicknames, she kept right up with grandkids.

If you haven't been to Redfish lake...it's worth the trip.

4 comments:

Jeff & Suzie said...

Scott and Nat,
Okay seriously you guys are really making me feel like I need to start some extreme training for some type of activity. Good job on all of your races this summer. I think it is official you will outlive Jeff and I. It will be lonely when you are 110! So tell me you guys are going to Soda for the 4th. I don't want to hear any garbage about some race that is that weekend because Soda has a great little race that even has free t-shirts. Party on the 4th? It would be fun to get a bunch of us together and hang out. I am sure Patti is up for some extra people at her house. Just like old times! Let me know

Coppin Crew said...

Hi Nat and Scott,
You have the most adorable family! I love reading about all your adventures. Way to go on all the races. You're amazing! Nat, email me soon. I lost your email address and I want to invite you to check out the blog I just started for my family even though our life is not even as close to as exciting as yours.
Love ya,
Tara Coppin

Snelders said...

So I really love the picture of Nathan holding the fishing pole. He is sooo cute!! That looks like a beautiful area - it would be fun to have a family weekend there.

Anonymous said...

This is sooo cute! Can you send this to grandma williams in an e-mail form so she can see these pictures. I have tried three times and can't get it to work. She would love to see what you have done. rheagw1@juno.com Yes, it was a great trip. Thanks for letting us tag along. Love and kisses, Grandma and Grandpa Beard